In the current political climate I don't believe voting can accomplish much if anything. However, I vote simply because I'm not a lazy, apathetic, corpulent jackball. Change cant happen if morons are watching "Dancing with the stars" and "American idol." That being said, I have a number of changes I'd like to propose to fix the system :
1) Voting is mandatory for every citizen. If you don't vote, kiss your heating goodbye.
2) NO electronic voting. Forget the trees, PAPER VOTES only.
3) ONE term only. No career politicians. No Joe Liebermans. No Strom Thurmonds.
4) If you're pro-war, you must enlist in the army to make your vote count.
5) Literacy tests : if you don't know the issues and fail the test, your vote is turned into a paper airplane and slammed into a trash can.
6) All PACs lobbying on behalf of foreign governments are outlawed. No dual-citizenship with any country, particularly those whose name starts with an "I" and ends with a "srael."
7) If you're an evangelical(who may or may not like a backrub from poofters for hire) trying to trigger armageddon by funding terrorist states and illegal settlements, you're barred from voting for 5 years and raptured straight to Gitmo. Halleluyah indeed.
8) Standardized salaries for all politicians(48k per year before taxes sounds reasonable). No pay raises.
9) If you oppose stem cell research, you don't get to vote and your health care is revoked, followed by a complimentary beating from Michael J. Fox. Pro-life = Pro-stem cell research.
10) ....and finally, if you weigh over 300lbs get on my diet plan or we raise your taxes.