Saturday, September 16, 2006

Ahhhh, the ol' days




































I've got a few too many good Catholic friends to let the current Pope's(who seems to be a fan of the "clash of civilizations" model) preposterous words roll back the progress made under the late Pope John Paul. Let it be known that no Muslim would EVER bismirch the name of Isa(Christ, a.s.) or any of the other Prophets.


As Prophet Muhammed (s.a.w) tells us in the Hadith :

Volume 4, Book 55, Number 652:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Both in this world and in the Hereafter, I am the nearest of all the people to Jesus, the son of Mary. The prophets are paternal brothers; their mothers are different, but their religion is one."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 43, Number 656:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until the son of Mary (i.e. Jesus) descends amongst you as a just ruler, he will break the cross, kill the pigs, and abolish the Jizya tax. Money will be in abundance so that nobody will accept it (as charitable gifts).

Sahih Muslim Book 030, Number 5834:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (pbuh) as saying: I am most akin to the son of Mary among the whole of mankind and the Prophets are of different mothers, but of one religion, and no Prophet was raised between me and him (Jesus Christ).

Also check Jesus(a.s.) in the Qur'an



5 comments:

altaf said...

well... i did not particularly care for the previous pope either... but comparatively...

Babak said...

Is this Pope capable of genuine inter Christian-Muslim dialogue? I suspect not, however this should not be allowed to blight our interfaith dialogue with those many Christians, who prefer mutual respect to malediction.

Yet we cannot shy away from the fact that many Western political and religious leaders are flagrantly Islamophobic and the "War on Terror" is a Crusade.

JD said...

On a completely different note, I wanted to let you know that my father-in-law and I are both drinking down two mugs of cinnamon (mixed in water) every day. When "Abah" went in for a blood test last week, his blood sugar and cholesterol levels were practically nothing. Since I started taking it consistently, almost all of my skin lesions have completely healed as has the bacterial inflammation on the back of my neck. I haven't been back to the doctor yet to see what my blood sugar levels are like, but I have felt the difference internally. Thank you for this information.

DrMaxtor said...

Salam Aliakum
No, thank you JD for taking my advice. Alhamdulilah I'm thrilled that its worked out so well for you and your father-in-law. Inshallah I will be putting up a pre-Ramadan primer with more information.

AngryMutawah said...

The current POOP (Pope) is a by-product of Nazi-Germany. Hail to the POOP.